Senior Medical Laboratory PCR Technician-SIMAD University, Dr. Sumait Hospital
Vacancy Position: 1
Closing Date: 2021-02-03
SIMAD University Dr. Sumait Hospital is looking for a qualified senior Lab Technician to undertake a DNA/RNA extraction PCR laboratory. You will be handling and analyzing the sensitive specimen. The candidate is expected to maintain standard operating procedures, equipment functioning, quality standards, safety conditions, and lead and train lab technicians. The goal is to optimize the lab procedures and succeed in producing reliable and important results that can be used to make a difference in patient care.
- Responsible for operating and maintaining a DNA/RNA extraction PCR lab facility.
- Inspects and documents samples upon receipt for testing acceptability per Standard
Operating Procedure (SOP).
- Collects and processes samples from patients.
- Organizes patient specimen and assay records for testing.
- Prepares and files laboratory specimens and appropriate documents for storage.
- Performs quality control and maintain/calibrate equipment.
- Monitors and records temperatures.
- Maintains laboratory equipment.
- Manages, orders, distributes, and stocks supplies.
- Inventories and labels laboratory reagents.
- Adheres to policies and procedures.
- Trains and leads a group of lab technicians.
Qualifications and Skills
• Secondary school diploma.
• Bachelor’s degree in Laboratory Medicine.
• At least 2 years of DNA/RNA extraction PCR experience required.
• Must be able to analyze and interpret amplification results.
• Candidates with Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments certification will be
• Have experience in working under possibly hazardous conditions (e.g. pathogens or
• Strong attention to detail, analytical and numerical skills.
• Ability to write correspondence and reports in English.
• Excellent skills in Microsoft Office and relevant Laboratory Information Management System computer programs.
Apply by sending your Document Applications at email@example.com