To improve the quality and quantity of research production on faculty bases and to provide robust supportive environment for the academic staff of the university, the university organises four academic conferences in different areas and disciplines. These local conferences are very important to the university in order to train students, staff and increase the community outreach opportunity where researchers from numerous institutions and local community meet to exchange latest advances in the specified fields. The following are academic conferences that university conducts based on their disciplines.
1. Conference on Entrepreneurship and Business Development (CEB)
The Conference on Entrepreneurship and Business Development (CEB), provides such a platform for all academicians, researchers, professionals, entrepreneurs and graduate students to exchange their latest research findings, new ideas and experiences face to face interaction, in order to commercialize their ideas and to establish business or research relations to strengthen their ties with local and regional partners for future collaboration.
The primary objective of the conference is to provide a unique platform to facilitate the exchange of leading edge ideas for effective advancement of knowledge in the field of business administration and entrepreneurship. This will be achieved through multi-disciplinary presentations and discussions of current business and entrepreneurship issues in the country.
2.Conference on Economics, Public Policy and Administration Development (CEPAD)
The Conference on Economic, Public Policy and Administration Development (CEPAD) provides a platform that contributes ideas and strategies in overcoming the challenges associated with public policy and administration development faced by the nation as in whole and institutions of the government, in particular. The objectives of the conference include but not limited to:
- Facilitating the exchange of information and ideas among educators, professionals, students, and bureaucrats, and between the politicians and academicians;
- Encouraging and assisting basic and applied research activities that advance knowledge of economics, public policy and administration development, and increase the available body of teaching materials;
- Facilitating research and development dialogue concerning macroeconomics, politics and administration issues as they relate to academic, policy and government sectors
For further details click this link: http://cepad.simad.edu.so/
3.Conference on Engineering, Science & Technology (CEST)
CEST is an Engineering, Science and Technology conference with the aim to converge researchers and practitioners from academia, industry and government sectors to advance the state of the art as well as Professionals to present their research results and development activities on variety of Engineering and Technology topics. The objectives of this conference include the following:
- Provide a forum for engineers, scientists and technologists to present and discuss their work on a common platform.
- Provide the opportunity for researchers from different disciplines to network and form research teams to address integrated technology challenges facing Somalia and the continent of Africa.
- Provide opportunity for technologies developed in Somalia to be exhibited.
For further information click this link : http://cest.simad.edu.so/
4.Conference on Medical & Health Sciences
The conference on medical and health sciences is aimed to provide an opportunity for leading academicians, scientists, researchers, doctors, medical practitioners, nurses and various industry professionals from around the country to network and have a scientific discussion on the state of Somali health and share their clinical and research experiences and discuss all aspects of Somali Health Status. It also provides the premier interdisciplinary forum for researchers, practitioners, and educators to present and discuss the current Somali health crisis and develop ways for Somali institutions to collaborate in tackling this enormous task.
|1||Conference on Entrepreneurship and Business Development (CEB)||January|
|2||Conference on Economics, Public Policy and Administration Development (CEPAD)||April|
|3||Conference on Engineering, Science & Technology (CEST)||July|
|4||Conference on Medical & Health Sciences||Ocotober|