"The fountain of knowledge and wisdom"
The university strives to achieve the following strategic goals:
- To provide the highest quality academic and professional programs at all levels.
- To develop and disseminate contemporary learning techniques and models in a supportive academic environment.
- To enhance the knowledge, skills, and attitudes of the learners, developing them into great scholars and effective leaders of tomorrow.
- To facilitate scholarly research and scientific studies in various areas that address national issues.
- To serve as a specialized center for training, research, and consultancy in Somalia.
Philosophy and Values
Our philosophy is based on the moral teachings and values of the Islamic civilization which is intended to produce committed citizens who give backto their community. SIMAD University believes in fostering lifelong learning with the pursuit of knowledge and skills in an atmosphere of support, guidance, free inquiry and expression. The university is also dedicated to the promotion of peaceful co-existence between people who profess different ideologies, values and cultures. SIMAD is committed to the following core values:
- Commitment to Excellence: Committed to endeavors of the highest possible quality while striving to fulfill the university’s mission and educational purposes, which involve a philosophy of continuous improvement based upon rigorous assessment and informed decision making.
- Collaboration: Dedicated to the advancement of society by building partnerships between students, alumni, the business industry, public entities, the community and other players in the higher education sector.
- Values and Principles: Devoted to promote knowledge in a manner that prepares learners to be responsible, ethical, and patriotic while equipped with Islamic values of tolerance and mutual coexistence.
- Continuous Learning: Education that is career-oriented, theory and practice based, powered with critical thinking, and emphasized at active learning and the lifelong pursuit of knowledge.
VisionTo become a leading center of academic and professional excellence and virtues
To provide high quality education, research and community services with the commitment of excellence, integrity, and professionalism. The university produces competent scholars and leaders of high quality and moral uprightness.
The mission of SU is abbreviated as (EIP):
- Excellence (E)
- Integrity (I)
- Professionalism (P)