SIMAD UNIVERSITY has signed a memorandum of understanding with the Vaal University of Technology in South Africa. Prof. Gordon Zide, Vice Chancellor & Principal of the Vaal University of Technology and Dahir Hassan, Rector of SIMAD signed the MoU on behalf of the two institutions. The MoU will create a platform to pursue staff and student exchanges and collaborative partnership in the field of governance, science, technology and research programmes as well as community development programmes.
The two universities expressed their intention in principle, to facilitate and develop a meaningful and mutually beneficial relationship that encourages the development of academic and cultural exchanges.
Through this Memorandum of Understanding, the two institutions will mutually work together in the following activities or programmes:
- Student exchange for research and study
- Exchange of faculty staff and research scholars
- Visiting scholar activities
- Joint research activities
- Continuing education programmes
- Short-term training programmes/projects
- Organizing and participation in seminars, symposia, short-term academic programmes and academic meetings
- Sharing of research and educational materials, publications and academic information
- Dual degrees and joint degrees programmes
- Fellowship programmes
- Postdoctoral programmes
- Laboratory and Technical training activities
- Technical assistance where possible
- Curriculum development and enhancement
- Joint funding application where possible
The signing ceremony took place at the main campus of VUT in Andries Potgieter Boulevard, Vanderbijlpark. South Africa. We look forward to a productive and wonderful partnership in the years to come.