SU Rector, Dahir Hassan Abdi and his deputy for Institutional Development, Eng. Mohamed Mohamud attended the 3rd higher education congress for Arab and Turkish universities which took place in Istanbul Aydin University in Istanbul, Turkey on 13-16 February 2018.
About 70 Arab and several Turkish universities attended at the summit for the purpose of building effective partnerships and academic cooperation in the areas of research, faculty development, and student exchange programs. Among top agendas discussed in the meeting include providing joint projects in students and university faculty members throughout the Turkish Mevlana and the European Erasmus Plus projects.
Here are some highlights of the areas to be worked together.
- Establish joint international academic programs,
- Conduct joint scientific research,
- improve the quality of higher education,
- work together on the internationalization of HE,
- engage the accreditation of university programs,
The delegates also participated in Eurasia Higher Education Summit 2018 which is one of the region’s largest academic union.
Furthermore, SU delegates engaged partnerships and cooperation with Turkish universities. SU privileged to sign MoUs with the following institutions:
- İbn Haldun University
- Sağlık Bilimleri University
- Bahçeşehir University
- Okan University
- Bezmialem Foundation University
- Gaziantep University
- Bandırma Onyedi Eylül University
- Kadir Has University
- Istanbul Aydın University