Organizational Background: In 1999, SIMAD was established as an institute of higher learning to foster academic excellence. After 11 years of consistent success and achievements, the Board of Trustees upgraded the institute into a full-fledged university on January 20, 2011. In its quest to improve the quality of higher education in Somalia, SIMAD UNIVERSITY offers a diverse range of undergraduate courses of international standards in various disciplines. These include economics, Engineering, statistics, business, accountancy, computer science, technology, education, law, public administration, and allied health sciences.
SIMAD UNIVERSITY is currently seeking qualified Instructor of Project Management
He/she will work as part of the Faculty of Economics, to provide the students of the faculty the required teaching assistance with helpful way. he/she will participate in both teaching and research in the faculty. Skills that should be provided by this kind of instructor cover a wide range of disciplines including Flexibility, tolerance, and conciseness. The Instructor also contributes to the supervision of the students during their research projects. the Instructor will work at SIMAD University-main campus as the duty station.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Using a high degree of technical expertise and assistance and recommendations to students at all levels of academic and research.
- present the material in a clear and logical sequence
- make the material accessible, intelligible and meaningful
- cover the subject matter adequately
- constructive and helpful in their criticism
- demonstrate an expert knowledge in their subject
- pace the lecture appropriately
- illustrate the practical applications of the theory presented
- show enthusiasm for the subject
- generate curiosity about the lecture material early in the lecture.
The Instructor needs to understand the basic principles of the project management and innovative ways of teaching methodology. Here are some basic skills that are required:
- Being able to work in academic environments
- Having good communication skills (English) and the ability to work well with students and faculty members.
- Ability to write reports about his delivery of the course.
- Ability to conduct field inspections, surveys, and measurements of the assigned subject.
- Skill in collecting, analyzing, verifying, and manipulating research data.
- Ability to perform complex calculations using prescribed procedures and formulas.
- Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
- Knowledge of data collection techniques.
- Ability to train and supervise students of the faculty.
- Ability to perform evaluations on the subject assignments.
Other Key Skills
- Highly motivated
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent research skills
- Written and verbal communication skills
Education and Experience
master degree in project management
Deadline: February 12, 2018
How to apply: Interested applicants should send their applications before the deadline to email@example.com