As a leading university, SIMAD is rapidly growing and attracting students and academic lecturers from all over the globe. This is due to the high-quality education the university provides as well as the excellent learning environment that is continuously expanded and improved to maximize achievements and enjoyment. As part of the university’s drive to increase its engagement with online viewers and communities, the university is looking for a talented Web and Social Media Officer to complement the Public Relations team. We are looking for an experienced and dynamic Social Media Officer to continue developing all of the university’s social media channels as well as implementing social media strategies to boost brand visibility and increase conversation levels.
What we are looking for: demonstrable experience and passion as a Social Media specialist and interest in the higher education sector. An aptitude for writing and the ability to produce engaging content whilst maintaining a consistent brand voice. A customer-focused mindset with the ability to manage and facilitate social media communities.
The primary responsibilities of the Web Content and Social Media Officer include, but are not limited to the following:
- Create, curate, and manage all published content (images, video and written).
- Monitor, listen and respond to users in a “Social” way.
- Conduct online advocacy and open a stream for cross-promotions.
- Develop and expand community and/or influencer outreach efforts.
- Oversee design (i.e.: Facebook Timeline cover, profile pic, thumbnails, ads, landing pages, Twitter profile, Blog, etc.).
- Design, create and manage promotions and Social ad campaigns.
- Manage efforts in building online reviews and reputation.
- Monitor online reviews and respond to each review.
- Analyze key metrics and tweak strategy as needed.
- Develop and implement plans for gathering and posting blog content
- Develop and implement plans for posting on social media outlets
- Proofreading and editing web content, newsletters, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications/Experience: BS in Communications, Marketing, Business, Public Administration, Computing, Information Technology, Media or Public Relations.
Applicants must be SIMAD alumni, especially first and second outstanding students of the class of 2017.
How to Apply:
Interested persons are requested to send the following to (email@example.com) and ensure to reference ‘Web and Social Media Officer’ in the subject line of your email. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted after the closing date.
- A cover letter specifying how you meet the mandatory and preferred requirements
- Letter of motivation
- An updated CV (maximum 2 pages)
- Transcript & Certificate
CLOSING DATE: 26.04.2018