The Department of Information Technology was established in 1999 with the aim of offering high-quality instruction to applicants in order to prepare them for careers in information technology. Our ultimate aim is to train graduates to engage successfully in industrial and real-world problem-solving activities.
As a student at Department of Information Technology, you study in an international environment. Our professors are world-renowned experts in their fields. We cover a broad range of topics in the Department of Information Technology, from computer system research and engineering to web and computer programming, data storage and handling, and information processing and strategies for using computers in a variety of contexts.
Program Educational Objectives
- To provide students with the most up-to-date and detailed technology skills and information, enabling them to integrate ICT solutions that improve organizational efficiency.
- To prepare students to graduate as capable and entrepreneurial ICT information workers who are employable and marketable in the industry, both locally and globally.
- To improve students’ analytical and critical thinking skills, as well as their understanding of the new ICT applications and realistic solutions used by major global organizations.
- To teach students how to incorporate Islamic ideals into their ICT careers for the purposes of nation-building, wealth formation, and unity.
Program Learning Outcome
- To apply the most up-to-date and applicable ICT skills and expertise to the manager of ICT solutions used to improve organizational efficiency.
- Competently and ethically perform the job and duties of an ICT information worker in related industries, both locally and globally.
- Implement and operate ICT technologies that are based on analytic and critical thinking, as well as the most up-to-date ICT frameworks and implementations in major global cities.
- The ability to design a device, part, or process to meet the multimedia application’s and/or networking infrastructure’s requirements.
- The ability to use the skills, techniques, and modern technologies required for developing IT applications.
- To successfully handle IT development projects, you must be able to interact effectively.
- Determine the industry’s latest networking technology. Apply basic cabling concepts, perform basic configurations, and simulate network devices to create network topologies.
- Understanding the rapid growth of ICT and the widespread usage of various technologies, as well as their global and social implications.
- Consideration of the importance of lifelong learning and the opportunity to do so by taking advantage of resources in various fields.
- Develop a conceptual understanding of techniques as well as the ability to apply existing interface development and assessment methods.