Department of computer Science was instituted in 2012 in the Faculty of Computers and Information Technology. Computer Science is a highly complex and interactive topic that allows students to research deep mathematical, algorithms, and intelligence with innovations that have fundamentally changed our lives.
The department’s goal is to help students gain the theoretical knowledge and practical skills needed to create software systems that resolve current and future challenges. This department also creates an open atmosphere for students and department members that encourages professional and personal development. Our students are also prepared for fruitful careers in computing and education.
Program Educational Objectives
- Graduates capable of developing novel solutions to computational challenges and providing high-quality services to the computing industry.
- Graduates who can solve real-world problems, work in groups, use computer-assisted methods, and communicate research results.
- Graduates with strong interpersonal and communication skills, as well as the ability to participate in ongoing professional growth, and cooperative team members with good leadership and ethics qualities.
- Graduates with a creative understanding of entrepreneurship.
Program Learning Outcome
- The ability to communicate computer science values and concepts.
- Ability to apply computer science concepts, methods, and techniques to problems in a variety of computing disciplines.
- The ability to apply programming skills, techniques, and tools in novel circumstances and contexts.
- Ability to efficiently express ideas both orally and in writing.
- In web and mobile platforms, the ability to develop software, processes, programs, or frameworks to fulfill desired user requirements.
- Ability to collaborate on projects as part of a team by using the skills, strategies, and modern technologies required for computing application design and development.
- Professional ability to adhere to ethical principles.
- Ability to use administrative and entrepreneurial skills.