Following the recent developments of COVID-19 in the country and the Ministry of Education, Culture, and Higher Education’s stance on the new wave of the pandemic, SIMAD University updated its plans for this spring semester and introduced COVID-19 precautions and safety measures on campus.
The classes will commence on February 27, 2021. Before classes resume, the regular semester activities will start on February 21st. All activities including students’ registrations, internal transfers, re-exams, and other preparations should have to finish before 27th February.
To avoid COVID-19 transmission on campus and in the community, the University introduced and will strictly implement the following precautions and safety measures on campus to keep all students, staff, and the community safe.
- Wearing a mask is MANDATORY for all the students and the university staff. Lecturers must ensure that all students abide by this policy,
- Temperature measurement devices will be installed at the university gates. Each student and staff member must measure their temperature level before entering the campuses,
- The University will have designated areas for sanitation and handwashing,
- Students and staff must practice social distancing,
- Classes will be small, meaning one-student-one-seat arrangements,
- Large classes will be split into two groups: only one group will learn at one time,
- Students are prohibited to gather in crowds in the University,
- Garden seats and the tents will be removed from the campus,
- Ambulance vehicles will be made available at the campus for emergency cases.
We know this is not how you expected to study and participate in campus life, but as COVID-19 cases continue to surge, the health and safety of our students, faculty, and staff remains our highest priority.